Monday, June 30, 2008

The most beautiful way to enter Steigen

Steigen, my homeplace where i grew up and where i plan to eventually grow old, is to my knowledge the most beautiful place in the world. It has tall and small mountains, fjords and lakes. I love the mountains. You'll never run out of new mountains to try and climb, and each new mountain is a new experience and has a new view.


I just found the most beautiful way to enter Steigen - by boat from Kjerringøy, directly over the ocean southeastwards from home. After working on Kjerringøy and enjoying the view towards Steigen, I finally got to get into a boat and cross the blue mass. It's just splendid – the majestic mountains slowly getting closer, while the almost still sea is caressing the boat, until they are finally standing tall above me again just waiting to be climbed. It feels romantic, and fills me with longing and dreaming for that special someone sometime to be in the boat with me, sharing the experience.

I would wholeheartedly advice everyone to come see Steigen, and come hike mountains with me!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2008 at 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home