Sunday, November 23, 2008

Getting into my car...

...is not such a easy task any more. Since i baught it there has been something strange with the driver-side lock, and the passanger side one has been completely broke from long before i baught it. About a month ago, the driver side lock jammed as well, so the only lock working on my car is the one in the trunk. So i allways have to lock and unlock my car from there!

And then recently starts the real issues. Winder, frost, and frozen locks! Getting in the car to go to work, i discover that the lock won't turn. I try all the tricks in the book - a bag of hot water, a lighter, defrost spray... nothing ever works before i take a bag of hot water and pour it over the lock. But this solution is like peeing your pants to keep warm - as you know, water and frost becomes ice, and it's even more stuck next time.

I'm yet to find a way out of this. Looking for a remote control for my central lock, but it costs about 2500 originally, so i'm hoping to buy a set and make it myself. Looking forward to the response from Elfa.

Oh... and i installed the new speakers and mounted extra headlights, but i'll show you that when my camera is back from repairs.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a hair dryer? :)

I would guess that the best solution would be to dry it all up, keep it clear of water, and then use låsolje or whatever it's called if it freezes again. But I'm only guessing here, so, hehe.

Good luck!

 
At November 24, 2008 at 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Synes du burde få deg et lånekamera. Tydeligvis mye vi går glipp av siden du ikke har kamera!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home