Sunday, August 24, 2008

Something i never expected to find in my car

I've had a problem with a smell in my car since i bought it, particularily when it has been warm. I've just thought my seats were sweaty or something, not thinking about it anymuch. And then today i decide to do a intereor clean of my car, and... Ew! On the floor under the left rear seat, my car floor has molded and looks like a loaf of bread forgotten for a week, and on the floor under the front passanger seat there are actually something that looks like maggots! I was vacuuming the floor, and there were these strange white things that i couldn't get into the hoover. On a closer look, they were moving around and sort of slowly digging in and out of the floor. It was a rather unplesant revelation, but at least i now know why my car smells like crap.

I think i've managed to clean it though, using a lot of detergent, a scrub and a towel. Just hoping my car won't smell like a detergent for all time!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is most possibly one of the most disgusting images I have had in my mind in a long time.

What was it, though, that started that? Was it just the floor itself, or the carpetting? D:

 
At August 27, 2008 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Thor-Rune said...

The maggots surely came with some food forgotten on the floor, but i can't imagine it was my doing, because i've never left something there for longer then maybe a day, and there was definitely not maggots in any of it. Probavly was there since i baught it a few months ago.

The molding probably has to do with there being water there. That door slightly leaks. I've not seen it rain in, but at the carwash it became wet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home