Thursday, July 17, 2008

Seems i have a job

I've been placing a lot of job applications for next year, so i can defend my car, apartment and schooling. Recently i got a phone call from Coop Mega, a grocery store, who said flat-out that they were interested in me. No talk of interviews or anything, just simply "we're very interested, call us when you know when you can come for initial training." So, scrap anyone that requires a interview unless they are particularly interesting. I've got a job! I'll quite likely be able to go the next year without gravely increasing my loan, and this henceforth is one big step closer to my freedom in living! Training starts 13th of august. 

I've thought about that selling alcohol in stores thing. I've, actually, already done something similar. Though i don't pour alcohol in peoples glass at the restaurant, i've accepted payment for alcohol that guests have already consumed or have requested themselves when i've been tending the register. This is not the active selling part, but more the control-part. This is where i check that they are of age. Though, in the store situation, it also is where the ownership of the alcohol is transferred. But it is not like me not doing this would make a difference to the positive. It could be someone in the register less vigilant about asking for ID. What i would not want to do, and this is a minimal thing that i am sure the store could be able to accept, is to restock the alcohol shelves in the store. That is actively making it more possible to sell alcohol, and something i would not want to do. If the store don't accept this, i'll probably be very displeased.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2008 at 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes this is a huge dilemma. I claim that i would go for another job. There has to be another job which is not connected to alcohol. But I see your situation. And I in a way agree. I see very often in our store that beer is sold to people who have already consumed a quite amount of alcohol. Those are not supposed to buy more. So it is good to have there people who would not let them buy it.

I like your attitude not to do things half - way. Half way opens gate for alcohol industy, violation of human rights and many other social problems. Closing eyes have never solved a problem.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home